Community dance is creative, accessible, and makes a difference in all sorts of ways to people’s lives.
It involves participants in creating movement and dance alongside tutors; is accessible to anyone regardless of social, economic or other factors; and its aims are as much about wider benefits such as confidence, wellbeing, happiness and community, as they are about art and creativity.
Community Dance Wales says that community dance:
- is a way of expressing who you are as an individual and as a group
- enables people to participate in and create work that reflects their community
- is a language for communication
- is a powerful means of exploring and developing cultural identity
- encourages greater self esteem and confidence
- improves peoples’ health and well being